Monday, January 25, 2010

I am a mother

Yesterday I had an "Ah ha" moment watching the Oprah show. She had comedian Rosie O'Donnell as her guest. Something struck me when Rosie mentioned that a friend brought to her attention that she always brought up the fact she was a motherless child. Rosie herself is a mother to beautiful children. That same friend told her that either her story can be the motherless child or the mother. That really resonated to me. We choose our own life stories. I'm learning to stop embracing the pain and to embrace the present. I don't have to live in the past. I choose my own story. My mother didn't raise me. I was and still am affected by that. But that doesn't have to define me. That isn't my story. My present is I am a mother of 3 wonderful and beautiful children. My past is I was motherless but my story is that I am a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment